You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join a supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
The Mom Project is a freshly funded ($25M Series B in July 2020) startup HQ’d in Chicago. Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other.
We are a marketplace and community that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward, while expanding professional opportunities for women. We’re just getting started. Join us in building the future of work. We need all hands on deck, your journey starts now….
The role of the Account Executive on the SMB team is to understand a customer’s business, work creatively to provide solutions to their challenges, and ultimately help their organization fill positions from the vast network of talented professionals on our platform. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver with some previous experience in recruiting and staffing, looking to contribute and learn in a dynamic, fast growing technology business.
– Build a portfolio of SMB accounts through one-to-one customer engagements
– Consult with hiring managers and HR leaders across various industries to capture their business needs and work together on how to successfully attract and hire candidates
– Conduct virtual meetings according to Customer Success methodology to drive product adoption and ensure retention
– Maintain a high level of professionalism, empathy, and business acumen across multiple customers at one time, connecting trends as you go
– Collaborate with your peers across all business units to provide your accounts with a seamless experience regardless of their needs
– Display excellent presentation skills and verbal interaction to ensure a solid relationship with all potential and existing clients
– Builds, nurtures, and extends client business relationships
– Use tools and resources to identify and prioritize likely prospects based on known business needs, challenges, authority to buy and other relevant factors
– Assess prospect’s purchase readiness, purchase authority and business health to determine feasibility of pursuing
– Use company’s sales process to qualify, advance, present, proposal, and close sales opportunities
– Engage and align key internal partners when applicable
Requirements That We Won’t Budge On
• 2+ years of B2B sales experience
• Empathic and understanding personality. Working in a startup is an ever-changing landscape!
Just Some of our Perks:
• Up to 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
• Annual Personal Development/Training Budget
• Monthly work from home stipend (coffee, lunches, etc)
*Annual base salary with target commissions with unlimited upside and paid quarterly*